Technological advancements and the pandemic have forever changed the way events and meetings are organised and hosted. As people got comfortable within the digital space with the introduction of virtual events, the demand for hybrid event platforms gained momentum and popularity.
With hybrid events, attendees can now choose how they want to attend meetings or events, in person or virtual. They offer the best of both worlds by delivering a unique event experience tailored to each audience group for an optimal experience. Blending in-person and virtual events might sound complicated but with proper planning, effective strategies and correct integration of technology, you can extend the reach of an event, enhance a brand’s messaging and collect valuable insights that can help your campaign.
Learn More: A Guide to Choosing the Right Event Management System in Singapore
Here are some best practices you can use to make your next hybrid event in Singapore a success.
1. Plan Equally Engaging Experiences
One of the benefits of hosting a hybrid event is the number of people you can reach at one time. But, keeping your attendees engaged throughout the whole event is another problem altogether. As a planner, you need to find a balance between how you engage with both sets of your audiences.
Simply streaming the event live for your virtual audiences or giving your in-person audiences the opportunity to network face-to-face is definitely not enough to create a memorable event journey for your hybrid event audience. Your virtual attendees shouldn’t be left behind when it comes to being part of an event and here are some ways you can plan equally engaging experiences.
- Have a dedicated team to take care of your virtual attendees in case they face any trouble or have any inquiries, allowing them to always stay on track with what is happening with the event
- Ensure your speakers present both in front of them and behind the camera. Acknowledging your virtual attendees will make them feel welcomed and special.
- Offer networking opportunities with both online and in-person attendees with the right technology and integrated event management platform.
- Allow your virtual attendees to interact with your event through live pools, virtual booths or breakout rooms.
2. Select The Right Space and Event Platform
Hybrid events are made up of online and in-person elements. Therefore, you‘ll need to find a physical venue as well as an event platform to execute the event perfectly.
For onsite events, do consider
- The number of people who would be attending the event physically.
- The overall space – if you’ll need smaller rooms for breakout sessions, a stage, an area for sponsors to advertise or engage with the attendees, etc.
- An event platform with studio integration that provides technical equipment and a team to stream content to both audiences.
For online events, do consider
- Event platform software that are designed specifically to help plan, manage and execute hybrid events.
- Features that would bridge both the online and offline experience like ticketing and event registration systems, video streaming and recording tools, chat rooms, QR codes, etc.
- Having a dedicated team that would be able to assist the virtual attendees with any issues or enquiries.
3. Keep Engagement Going Even After the Event Is Over
Post-event engagement is the act of staying in touch with your audience after an event and maintaining long-term connections with them. It’s a way to connect with your audience after an event, to help attendees apply what they learned, relive the best moments of the event and ultimately turn participants into long-term customers.
It is vital to keep the engagement going even after the event is over as it is the perfect time to collect data and feedback from your attendees, promote upcoming events and products, as well as continue to build your brand’s image and reputation. On top of that, brands would also be able to get more followers and eventually make conversions by growing their network base.
Hybrid events are here to stay for all the right reasons and to manage a successful hybrid event, we hope these practices will deliver the best results for your campaign. If you would like to know more about integrated event management systems that would help in planning your hybrid event, do contact Evention Singapore today and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.